The Comba ComFlex Active Conditioning Unit (ACU) DAS is a modular, multi-technology RF signal conditioner designed to be flexible and deliver reliable wireless service coverage to both indoor and outdoor environments. Engineered to handle large venues such as stadiums, arenas and airports, the ACU can handle multi-carrier, multi-band and multi-sector system architectures. The ACU can be fed RF through a multiple of sources including BTS (Base Station) through Comba’s ACU solution, Small Cell as well as a base station’s over-the-air RF signal received through a donor antenna mounted on the roof.
The ACU is comprised of a 19″ rack mountable chassis, control unit, power supply and slots for up to 8 RF modules. The unit can be expanded to cascade 4 ACU’s together for maximum flexibility and independently configured to work with any DAS equipment including Comba’s Fiber Optic Unit (FOU) and Remote Units to deliver a state-of-the-art and truly future-proof system that can be upgraded anytime.
– ACU-PS-A92W300 (Power Supply, AC) or
– ACU-PS-A48W300 (Power Supply, DC)
– ACU-MC-MM20S (Monitor Control Unit)
– ACU-RF (See RF Card Solutions Below – supports up to 8 cards)
ACU-CB-8I4OES (Combiner Unit) – Optional
MU01-FOU-SABFOP6 (Optical Control Unit) – Optional
- Low PIM (≤ -160dBc)
- Up to 8 RF modules for each chassis
- Up to 32 sources by 4 ACUs, cascaded
- Duplex input from BTS / Simplex output
- DL input power from 5W-100W
- Each RFU has built-in internal signal source
- Web-based GUI
- Active ATT, input power detection and ALC protection for each RF module
|Power Supply||VAC||100 – 240 / 50 – 60Hz|
|Power Consumption (approx.)||W||
180 (with 8 RFUs)
|Operating Temperature||oC||0 – 45|
|Operating Humidity||%||≤ 85|
|Installation Type||19″ Rack|
Monitoring Control Unit
|Dimension (in/mm)||8.7″ x 19″ x 17.7″ (220 x 482.5 x 450)|
|Weight (lb/kg)||2.6 / 1.2||4.4. / 2.0||4.0 / 1.8|
ComFlex ACU RF Modules
At the heart of the DAS system is controlling and distributing the RF signals. The Master Control Unit can take up to 8 RF modules per rack, up to 4 racks or 32 RF sources to customize the wireless ecosystem. Just simply plug the unit in and make the connections to the remote units.
- Avaiable for all North American bands
- Simplex/Duplex supported
- Input power level by LED display
- Independent gain control
ComFlex Combiner Unit
The role of the combiner is the do exactly what the name implies, combine the RF signals.
- Passive unit for 8 inputs and 4 outputs.
- Simplex RF connectors.
- Supports cascade up to 16 inputs and 4 outputs.
ComFlex Optical Control Unit
The Optical Control Unit (OCU) brings in the RF signal and converts it to a digital signal distributed and carried over via fiber to the Remote Units
- Modular design for easy upgrading and maintenance.
- Supports up to 8 RUs.
- Display the optical power loss of each optical port.
ComFlex DAS Remote Units
The Remote Units are self contained and come in both low/medium power 2W/5W
or high power 40W units, depending on your specific design requirements.
- Delivers 2 watt (LRU) / 5 watt (MRU) / 40 watt (HRU) per band
- Supports all North American bands
- High linearity power amplifier
- Compact size and light weight:
- MRU: 26.0”x9.8”x6.3”, 55lbs
- MRU: 26.0”x9.8”x6.3”, 55lbs
- HRU: 53.1” x 8.9” x 12.4”, 154.3lbs
- Low power consumption:
- LRU: 200W
- MRU: 200W
- HRU: 1400W
- Convection cooling with NO noise (2W/5W)
- Modular power supply unit ComFlex (5W)